Spain (Spanish: España [esˈpaɲa], officially the Kingdom of Spain (Spanish: Reino de España), is a sovereign state mostly located on the Iberian Peninsula in Europe
CUSTOM (Rules & Regulations)
Although there are no limits on the amount of alcohol and tobacco one can bring in from EU countries, customs officials are more likely to ask you questions if you have more than:
- 800 cigarettes;
- 400 cigarillos (max. 3g each);
- 200 cigars;
- 1kg smoking tobacco;
- 10 litres of spirits over 22%;
- 20 litres of alcoholic beverages less than 22%;
- 90 litres of wine (though no more than 60 litres of sparkling wine);
- 110 litres of beer.
These quantities can be seized if customs are satisfied that they are of a commercial nature.
When travelling by air or sea , over 17 years old can bring tobacco products for personal use only the following:
• 200 cigarettes or
• 100 cigarillos or
• 50 cigars or
• 250 g of smoking tobacco.
Each amount specified in above points will amount to 100% of the total allowance for tobacco products.
When travelling by land, over 17 years old can bring tobacco products for personal use only the following:
• 40 cigarettes or
• 20 cigarillos or
• 10 cigars or
• 50 grams of smoking tobacco.
Each amount specified in all the points will amount to 100% of the total allowance for tobacco products.
• Medication – for personal use only
• Personal items of non-commercial nature worth up to 430 euro when travelling by air or sea
• Personal items of non-commercial nature worth up to 300 euro when travelling by land
• Personal items of non-commercial nature worth up to 150 euro for travellers under 15 years of age.
Non-commercial item are of an occasional nature and consist exclusively of goods for the personal or family use of the traveller, or of goods intended as presents. The nature and quantity of the goods must not be such as to indicate that they are being imported for commercial reasons.
• Meat and milk and any items thereof from non-EU countries with the exception of limited amounts from Andorra, Croatia, the Faeroe Islands, Greenland, Iceland and small amounts of specific products from other countries
• Protected species and products thereof as listed by the CITES (Washington Convention) for example ivory, tortoise shell, coral, reptile skin, wood from Amazonian forests.
• No restriction for the quantity and value of exported items when leaving to non-E.U. country.
• Currency - no restrictions if leaving for another EU country. Declarable for all travelling outside EU when the amount exceeds 10.000 euro or equivalent in another currency.